All ads that are in violation of our Terms & Conditions are subject to removal immediately and without prior notice to the poster or any other user.
By posting a new ad here, you agree to the following statement: I agree that I will be solely responsible for the content of all ads that I post and that I will hold this group and its admins harmless for any losses or damages to myself or to others that may result directly or indirectly from any ads that I post here.
By posting a new ad here, you further agree to the following Terms & Conditions:
- Please be kind, courteous, and respectful. Treat others as you wish to be treated.
- No foul or inappropriate language. No threats of any kind, to any group member.
- This is a FAMILY FRIENDLY GROUP. No pornographic, or adult items. PERIOD!
- This group is for Van Zandt County Residents. You may join the group if you are in a neighboring county but you must be willing to travel to a Van Zandt County city to conduct your transaction. Any post that says "Pick up in CITY" and the city is outside of VZC will be removed. The only exception to this rule are large items that will need a truck, or trailer to haul but you must state location of pickup in your post.
- If you have an issue, you may private message Monica Chumley to discuss your issue. You MAY NOT post your issue on the group wall.
- No illegal or recalled materials. (You are responsible for researching laws before posting.)
- You must abide by the local, state and federal laws relating to selling, trading and buying firearms and other items.
- No homemade foods. (with the exception of Texas Cottage Law items)
- When selling a crib, you must provide for a copy of the certificate of compliance that should indicate that the crib is certified to meet 16 CFR 1219 or 16 CFR 1220. This is the law. If you do not have one you can get one from the manufacturer.
- No sales of feral swine.
- No alcohol, tobacco, or nicotine products.
- Unless you are linking a news report, DO NOT post about police looking for someone who committed a crime. That is considered slander and has no place in this group.
- Do not comment on a post that you also have the same item for sale. Make your own post.
- Do not post "please vote for" type requests. This is not the same as asking someone to like your business page in response to a business ad. This is "help my grandchild win the photo contest" type requests. Keep those on your personal FB pages.
- You may post information about fundraising events but please do not post about taking orders/donations for a fundraiser unless it has been approved by admin.
- Yard Sales may be posted as a comment only on the group yard sale post. One overview picture is allowed in your comment. Please include address and sale dates. The yard sale post can be found in the admin album.
- Do not bash another persons ad. If you are not interested in their product, move on. Do not argue with the person about their product. Do not be rude about a price or item. If you have a problem with something you see sold in here notify the admin. If you start or continue an argument on the board, you will be removed from the group.
- Do not no-show. If you arrange to meet someone, SHOW UP or call/text/message the other person before the time you are supposed to meet to let them know you cannot make it. Please report no-shows to Monica Chumley.
- You MAY NOT post a link to another group on this group unless admin has cleared it.
- Do not list an item for someone who has been banned. If you are caught doing so you will also be banned.
- Businesses MUST be in Van Zandt County to be advertised in this group.
- Only one person/profile can advertise for a physical business/store.
- Direct Sales posts are allowed as long as you are in the county. If you are outside of Van Zandt County you will be treated as a spammer and banned from the group.
- Business ads are limited to THREE PER WEEK. Please remove your previous post before posting a new ad. (Please be respectful of other business. Do not post your ad right after another similar ad/business.)
- If you are posting a Business Opportunity you MUST name the company and list details on the post. Any posts without this information will be removed and you will be banned for spamming.
- Post must include an actual picture. No stock photos allowed unless accompanied by an actual picture.
- Post must include a full description. You must fully disclose any defects (example: size, dents, stains, rips, missing parts and so on). If you are selling clothing or cloth furniture, you must indicate if you have pets or smoke in the home.
- Post must include a price. No "best offer" posts.
- Post must include location of the item.
- If item is posted elsewhere please state that.
***POSTS MADE WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION WILL NOT BE APPROVED BY ADMIN.***
- Please do not group multiple items in one album since you cannot comment on each individual picture. You may post multiple pictures of the same item in an album.
- No "posting for friend" posts.
- Do not instruct buyers to PM you, text or call you if they want to buy. All negotiations are to take place on original posting (unless you are offering a service). You should only be sending private messages to swap contact information once a deal is made on the wall. (Exceptions: Vehicles, Trailers, RV's, Boats, Houses/Property, Hay, Animals)
- When posting multiple pictures of the same item, please group them in to one photo or post your first picture and post additional pictures in comments.
- You may only post (or bump) 10 items to the group wall every 12 hours.
- “Bumping” (or commenting on your post to move it back to the top) is allowed every 12 hours. Please do not make any comments, including lowering the price, before 12 hours unless you are replying to a comment. Any items bumped more than once in a 12 hr period will be deleted without warning. Multiple violations will get you removed from the group.
- Items should be sold on a first come basis. Meaning, the first person to comment is the first in line. The first person has to have a legitimate question to hold the first place. Saying something simple like “I like that” does not count. However, if that person cannot meet you in the time frame you see acceptable, or the person does not acknowledge your response within a couple hours you can move on to the next person in line.
- You do not have to take a lower offer than your asking price but if you do agree to a lower price with a buyer, then you will need to keep the deal. You cannot accept higher offers or original asking price after you have already agreed to a deal.
- When you have agreed to a sale please comment on the post “Sold PPU to BUYERS NAME.”
- When your item has been sold, given away, received, or traded please remove your post. This will make it easier for everyone to find the things that are still available. If you re-post an item, please be sure to delete the original post.
- Animals may be given to the person you feel most comfortable giving them to. Do not feel the need to give your pet to the first person who comments. We want to make sure pets go to a good home.
- If a seller lists an item and has found a buyer, DO NOT offer more money in an attempt to get the item.
- Do not buy (or receive for free) an item on this group then resell if for more money. This is not a pawn shop. Buy what you need/can use not what you can make money on. (This excludes rehab/project items)
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to keep up with an item you have an offer on. Not responding to a seller’s comments within a reasonable amount of time will result in you losing that item without notice.
- Any offers for more than the asking price are not allowed. This is not eBay. Once an offer has been agreed upon, even if the price is lower than asking price, the deal is done. Do not post saying you will give them more, even if it's asking price, if the seller has already agreed to take less.
These rules are hereby in place effective immediately. Rules may be amended from time to time and it is the responsibility of all members to be educated as to what they are.
LAST UPDATED: 11/6/2013
This web site's administrators reserve the ultimate discretion as to which ads, if any, are in violation of these Terms & Conditions.
Admin reserves the right to limit membership, approve memberships, reject membership requests, revoke membership, delete and ban members at any time for any reason without notice.
The admins have the final say. If you continue to argue with an admin, you will be banned from the page. This is to keep the drama away from the group and maintain harmony.
If you block an admin you will be removed from the group and will not be eligible for reentry.
If for any reason you have to message me please be patient. Just like you, I have a full time job and a family and cannot spend my whole day monitoring the group. Although I do read every message I receive, I do not always have the time to reply to each one.
Be very careful about your transactions. We live in a small town and expect everyone to conduct themselves with integrity and consideration, but each member should use good judgment and common sense.